Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ugly Sweaters and White Elephants

Our friends Sheri and Josh had us over for a New Years Eve party. We had all planned on having a sweater party before Christmas, but things got too crazy for every one, so we decided to combine it with our New Years party. We had a very yummy dinner. Sheri made sweet potatoes and cheesy potatoes, Dale made a ham, I did a veggie tray, and Steve and Tami brought drinks and lots of them. Their was way too much food and we all ate way too much. That's what new years resolutions are for, right?

Tabitha, Sheri, Me, And Tami. Josh washed and dried Sheri's sweet wool sweater, needless to say it shrunk a little. I think it was pretty hot though. My Shirt was just naturally a belly shirt, no washing and drying needed. I guess that what you get for $0.99. I think Tami definitely takes the price for ugliest sweater though. Look at that beauty!


Josh, Steve R., Steve A., and Dale. Aren't our boys handsome? Steve R. was soooo uncomfortable doing that pose. He's not a real touchy feely guy, so that pose was killing him.



We had a white elephant exchange. Everyone got some pretty awesome gifts from hunting gear to "The World According to Mr. Rogers." I'm sure that's a must read.

The crew playing the Wii.


The boys seriously rocked at Rock Band. I even got an awesome video of their performance, but my husband won't release the rights so I can post it. I'm going to keep working on him though. Lincoln (bottom left) thought he was playing too. He had a nunchuck in his hand and kept saying, "I'm winning!" So Cute!! I wish I would've taken a picture.

We had a great time! All the kids (except Kyle) even made it to the new year. Thank you Josh and Sheri for hosting us all. We had a blast! Happy New Year everybody! Here's to a great 2009!"

8 comments:

Autumn said...

So fun! I seriously want to have an ugly sweater party! So much fun...although I think your sweater could have been a little uglier! :)

Danelle said...

Hey Arah D, your blog is always so much fun. I have very little to blog about, but that doesn't stop me from blogging about the random things. Anyway, I moved back "home" a little over 4 years ago. Got a house and made it a home. It's been lots of fun. I love checking up on my awesome cousins through their blogs, you guys have a great family.

Lisa said...

What a fun New Year. I was wondering why your sweater was so short...pretty! : )

Dale and Tabitha said...

It was a lot of fun. I wish I would've got some video on the game we played too. I am so glad you guys are our neighbors. Hope you feel better.

Updates From The Outback said...

We're so glad we have one daughter who still blogs. You do a great job. It looked like you all had a fun time.

Rochelle said...

Love the ugly sweaters! I always think of buying one for Aundrea and then wimp out. This really makes me wish I had.

Unknown said...

Fun night, we rocked out on rock band at our friends new years eve too. I have an ugly sweater Ty gave me last year I forgot to break it out. So how are you feeling?

Jana said...

The guys all look so hot in those sweaters. Maybe they could be on the Cosby show with those beauts! :)