Saturday, December 6, 2008

Trax & Temple Lights

Gavin's been asking me to take him to see the "big Jesus" and take him on on train ride for a while now. So I figured we could kill two birds with one stone if we took Trax to Temple Square to see the Christmas Lights. The kids had so much fun riding the Trax and seeing the statue of Jesus and walking around the visitors center, but waiting for the lights to come on was a little difficult for these excited children and their parents. We thought the light were going to come on at 5:30 and they didn't come on till 6:00. So by the time Temple Square was lit the kids were hungry and ready to leave. We saw the Nativity and caught a few glimpses of the light on the way out. It was beautiful, but I would have loved to spend more time seeing the lights.

5 comments:

KerrieLeigh said...

I have been wanting to take my kids to see the lights for years, but there are always so many people! Maybe I will suck it up and actually do it this year. At least the trax ride was a success. You may have to try the lights again another year. :)

Lisa said...

Whoa! You have been one busy woman. I loved seeing and reading all the posts, made me miss you all over again. Thanks!

Updates From The Outback said...

What fun! Where was Laura? I do wish you could of seen the lights a little better. They are amazing. You have done such a good job of blogging everything! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Jana said...

We went to the lights too and by the time we got all unloaded and bundled up, the kids were tired and having to go to the bathroom. I would have rathered they went in their pants then have to undo all their coats. :) I didn't know Lisa was there. Fun!

Rochelle said...

I'm so jealous that you all are so close to the most beautiful place at Christmas, Temple Square.

I miss it so~oo much!

Merry Christmas!