Monday, December 29, 2008

The Best Christmas Ever!

While opening his presents Christmas day Gavin said, "This is the best Christmas ever?" That made me so happy! What more can you ask for as a parent? This was the first Christmas we spent alone with out extended family. So we were able to start some of our own traditions. It was lots of fun to have that special time together, but we did miss our families. We were suppose to go to Steve's parents Christmas day, but the weather didn't permit. Luckily my brother stayed in town so he was able to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day with us.

I think this was the funnest Christmas we've had so far with Gavin. He really got into it! He was sooooo excited about Santa and everything Christmas. I recorded every Christmas movie and cartoon I could find on TV and we spent endless hours watching them. I remember how much I loved those things as a child. He would play with the Nativity and ask me over and over again to tell him the story about Jesus. A couple days before Christmas he was at the mall with Steve and they ran into one of his friends. While Steve was talking to him Gavin kept interrupting and trying to get him to continue Christmas shopping. Steve told Gavin that Christmas is about friends and to be patient. Later that day Gavin told me, "Mom, daddy said Christmas is about friends and he's wrong it's about Jesus." It was so cute! We of course both assured him he was right.

I didn't quite have the energy back to do a make a big Christmas dinner, so we went out for our Christmas Eve dinner. Gavin might not look like he's enjoying his dessert very much, but believe me that was his, "this is sooooo delicious" face.

Gavin and Daddy putting out the Reindeer food for Santa's reindeer on Christmas Eve.


Our very musically talented neighbors singing us Christmas carols.


Making cookies for Santa in his new Christmas PJ's


The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads. Gavin was so worried about falling asleep fast enough so that Santa would come. He also wanted to sleep with a Christmas blanket, because it would help him dream about Santa. I don't know if I've ever seen anything more beautiful than my boy sleeping peacefully. I may be a little bias though.


Going through the stocking Christmas Morning. He was so excited about the candy canes for some reason. He said we had to put all of them up on the tree and eat one every day.


Getting another present to open.


He was very excited about his Iron Man


The Wall-e movie and Wall-e game for the Wii got a few good shouts of joy! He was so excited and thankful for every gift he got. He kept saying, "Santa knew I wanted this!" He even said that when he was opening gifts from Steve and I.


Christmas morning cuddles without makeup (a little scary).
I love this boy!


Our neighbors the LeSueur's and uncle Mikey came over for Christmas breakfast. Gavin and Oliver were way to into their new toys to worry about food.


Gavin and some of his loot.


Gavin showing off his Iron Man PJ's, gloves, and masks. Doesn't he look tough?

6 comments:

Julee said...

Looks like it was a fun christmas. I am excited to see Ayden when he actually understands what is going on diring christmas.

Autumn said...

What a cute boy! I love the one of him "all nestled in his bed" So sweet! Looks like Santa thought Gavin was a REALLY good boy this year! Glad you had a great christmas...have a happy new year!!

Karli said...

Gavin is such a handsome boy! And he is so lucky to have such awesome parents! Good job!

Updates From The Outback said...

Such a good blog--the next best thing to being there! Looks like you all had such a great time!Tell Gavin he looks like the real thing. (Assuming I know what the real iron man looks like.)

Laraine H. said...

Looks like your Christmas was super (even without family). I hope you are feeling better, I was a terrible friend and spaced that you were home suffering! I owe you-Happy New Year too.

Lisa said...

Merry Christmas! I can't believe you got the boy more Iron Man stuff!