Friday, December 5, 2008

12 adults, 7 children and a baby....

is how many people we had at our house on Thanksgiving. We went a little ghetto using paper plates and cups, a Halloween table cloth to cover my brothers poker table and we served it all up buffet style. What can I say,? I'm just not really use to hosting that many people for a meal.

Steve and Zeb decided to deep fry one of our turkeys and I can't believe I forgot to get pictures of them at work. It was pretty crazy to watch! After they put the turkey in the oil, flames started shooting everywhere. I was sure someone or something was going to start on fire. It was a little over cooked, but good practice for next year.

We usually have my mom around and she does most the work. I knew Thanksgiving dinner was a lot of work but I had no idea how much. My sisters and I started cooking at 9:00am for a 3:00pm dinner. We ate for about 15 minute and then spent what felt like the rest of the night cleaning up. No wonder my mom's always so tired. That's a lot of work for only a few minutes of eating. But I have to say I think it was worth it. We ate lots of good food and it was great to spend the day with family.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Updates From The Outback said...

Mom said she was so impressed by the meal you girls put together, though she did say that you had enough to feed an army. Now that you know how to do it all your selves........m-m-m-m.

The Halloween poker table was a great touch.
Thanks for all the wonderful Thanksgiving posts!