Saturday, March 1, 2008

Back To Reality

Steve and I went to Sego Lily Spa yesterday for massages and relaxation. Things have been a little stressful in the Atwood home lately, so this was very much needed. This was Steve's first real spa experience and he was definitely sold. When he came into the relaxation room after his 90 minute massage he asked, "When are we coming back?" I love the going to the spa! The second you walk through those doors you feel like you've entered another world. The lighting, the smell, the decor, the music, the sounds, I love it all! We had an amazing time, except.....

Now here's my rant. When you hear relaxation room what do you think? Peaceful, quite, serene.... Well this relaxation room was just that. It was dimly lit, candles, a fire burning, water walls, big comfy chairs and couches, Enya quietly playing. It was perfect! That I is until after my massage while Steve was sitting in the steam room I decided to go back and "relax" in the relaxation room. I was lying on the couch, sipping my tonic, eating a cranberry scone, a just enjoying the peace and tranquility when “they” walked in. Three ladies who were certain this room was meant just for them. They were oblivious of the other two people in the room. They were laughing and talking (very loudly) and teasing each other. So rude! Right? I was so close to giving them a piece of my mind, but decided better of it and just went to the locker room to take shower. You tell me.... Was I just being touchy? Over reacting? Shouldn't it be understood that you just keep your mouth shut or at least whisper?

Now that I got that out of my system. In spite of the annoying threesome I still had a very relaxing time. I left that spa feeling like a new women, recharged and re-energized. Afterwards we went to a dinner at one of my favorite restaurants Oasis and then a movie. It was a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Updates From The Outback said...

I will never experience that. I am not rich enough. However, your mom thinks it is a good idea, and will spend the money I don't have when we get back.

Autumn said...

I am SO jealous! I don't think I could talk Bryan into a spa..even though I know he would love it! What a fun day! Hope I didn't interrupt your date with my phone call! :)

Unknown said...

I also love the spa. I have tryed to talk Ty into going but he wont.

sladefamilyaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KerrieLeigh said...

Sounds amazing! I too would have been really annoyed at the three loud ladies. Defeats the whole purpose of being there.

sladefamilyaz said...

i did leave a comment that said those ladies sounded just like me and melissa, but i had to delete it because bryant says even we wouldn't do that. he says talking in the "relaxation" room would be like talking in the movie theater.

Jana said...

Ummm hello, that sounds fabulous!!! And those stupid women should have been told to be quiet. Too bad Lisa wasn't there. I bet she would have told them!

Lisa said...

I'm laughing at Jana's comment, I would have at least given them a good stare down! : )

Arah Debra said...

I actually did glare at one of the ladies later in the locker room. I'm sure she had no idea why.

EFN Newsletter said...

That sounds marvelous. Why oh why won't Aviva take a bottle? I need that date.