Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Gavin started swim lessons this week with his friends Kyle and Owen and he's having a blast. I was a little worried about it because he's not big on putting his face in the water, but he's doing great. For some reason he's way more willing to do what his swim teacher asks than me. Every morning he asks me if its time to go to swim lessons yet. By the 20th, "When is it time for swim lessons?" I have to tell him if he keeps asking we're not going. That usually helps for about an hour until he forgets my threat and starts asking again. I love to see him so excited about it and trying so hard to do well.



10 comments:

Lauren said...

So cute! I'm glad that he cooperating for the teachers. Grace is the same way. She hates to put her face in the water and refuses to go under water. I will try to work with her this summer. Maybe I should put her in lessons? Looks like fun! That Gavin is adorable!

TamiRichins said...

You are fast!! Cute pictures, I need to remember to bring my camera today. Makes me laugh to see Kyle's arm around Gavin. I can just imagine what he is telling him. =)

Jamie said...

Hey, I just found your blog from Tabitha's. Hope that is okay. We have one too. it's benichfamily.blogspot.com. I hope to see you a lot at the pool this summer.

Tanya said...

That is cute that he loves it so much. Where are you taking them? At Legacy? Is the water warm there?

Autumn said...

That is so cute! I need to put Jace in lessons! He is not going to tolerate the lifejacket for much longer!

Arah Debra said...

Tanya - It's at Legacy. The water is really warm. It's a fun pool.

Updates From The Outback said...

That is such a good idea! We're glad he likes it.

Jana said...

I need to get Jackson signed up asap. He is dying to be involved in something. Poor boy has a lazy mom. :)

Unknown said...

Fun, It is good to get them into swim lessons. I need to get Summer in some again.

Sonja said...

Oh how fun for him! And good for him to learn! I'm still afraid of water! He's so cute!