Monday, February 11, 2008

Uncle Mike

From the day Gavin was born he has always had a special bond with his Uncle Mike. The first year of Gavin's life Mike came by to see him at least five times a week. Mike lives just down the street from us now so Gavin get to spend a lot of time with him. He is always asking me if he can go to Uncle Mike's house or if Mike can come over and play. The other day Gavin asked me if he could have a Oreo. I told him he could and then he ask if he could have two. I told him he could only have one and he said, "Uncle Mike lets me have two because I'm his best buddy." He truly believes this. Mike has a way of making him feel like number one. I'm just so thankful for the role that Mike plays in Gavin's life. He is going to be an amazing dad some day. But in the mean time he's the best uncle a kid could ask for.

6 comments:

Autumn said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love the video. Mike definitely needs to get married and have kids! :)

TamiRichins said...

WOW your fast. You deserve blogger of the year award. Definately no slacking on your part. Cute video, he does seem like a really good uncle.

Shauri said...

Hey lady---sorry to bug you on here for an unrelated blog comment, but I don't have your digits! I was wondering if you have some mail Lisa brought me that I apparently left at your house?? :)

And I agree about the Oprah books. House of Sand and Fog took me off her FOREVER. Until the East of Eden recommendation. Loved it. Of course, it is a classic.

Lisa said...

He really is such a good Uncle. Keely keeps asking when she gets to go back to Mike's for some Ginger Snaps? He does like to load 'em up with sugar , an uncle's prerogative I guess!

Melissa said...

I think it is so great that Gavin is so close to your brother. My kids have been lucky to be around my family as well and I love to see how close they are.

Updates From The Outback said...

That was beautifully wriiten and we loved the video. We can't fully explain (someday you will understand) how much it means to us that are children have grown up so close and are such an important and supportive part of each other's lives.