Friday, February 22, 2008

GET OUT OF MY IMAGINATION!

Gavin has a very active imagination and likes to play this game where he just runs around the room and makes up stories in his head. When he does this he tells us, "I'm going to play in my imagination. Don't see me!" This means that nobody's allowed to look at or talk to him. While I'm pretending not to look at or listen to him I've heard him come up with some pretty elaborate stories. I've realized he gets pretty involved in these stories but I didn't realize how involved until today. He was running around like normal when all of the sudden he stopped, threw himself on the ground and started crying. I asked what was wrong and he said, "I don't want Buzz Lightyear in my imagination." I told him that he controls whats in his imagination and all he has to do is tell him to leave. He then tells me with tears streaming down his face, "But he's plugging his ears!" What do you say to that? There was nothing I could do but comfort him and let him complain about that jerk Buzz Lightyear. I can't wait to see what kinds of things this kid accomplishes with that creative mind of his.




This isn't the best video because he noticed I was video taping him and started to put on a show. I'm going to try to be sneakier and get better video later.

8 comments:

KerrieLeigh said...

Oh, how would it be to be a kid again. That is really funny.

Autumn said...

Darn that Buzz Lightyear! He makes me laugh!

sladefamilyaz said...

that's so great! we need a little boy around our house.

Jana said...

That is so funny. I love that Buzz plugged his ears. Maybe now he can know what it feels like. :)

EFN Newsletter said...

"Get out of my imagination!" I am cracking up.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, that is seriously the funniest thing I've heard all day!

Updates From The Outback said...

The next time good ol Buzz gets inside his head have him ask for money.

Unknown said...

At least you know he got a great imagination. He is very cute.