Sunday, August 24, 2008

Boys will be boys. . . .

is the saying I have written in vinyl lettering above Gavin's closet. This weekend the saying held true. Gavin was playing at a friends house when he took a head drive right off the couch and into their desk. It's so sad to see him all beat up like that and it happened right before soccer pictures too. We told him he looked like a tough soccer player. I know that the facts of life are that he's going to get bumps and bruises. I know he'll most likely get much worse, but I really hate to see him hurt, and I'm sure it won't get any easier.



13 comments:

Autumn said...

Holy Cow!! That is the worst owie ever! Poor buddy! Hope he is okay...I bet he has a huge headache! Did you freak out?? Hope he feels better soon.
P.S. I don't know when we're going back to karate...maybe we'll wait for you guys!

Rochelle said...

Dang that's a doozie! I hope it feels better than it looks!

Laraine H. said...

OUCH! Kids are crazy, luckily they are pretty bouncy too. The kids ask about "Cabbage" all the time. We've got to get together.

Unknown said...

Man that looks like it hurts.

Lisa said...

Poor little guy!

sladefamilyaz said...

I'm sorry that happened to him.

Updates From The Outback said...

Poor Gavin. I'm sure he'll forget about it soon in Michigan with Keely and the new puppy.

Melissa said...

What a shinner! Someday he'll look back and think it was cool.

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

Poor Gavin! It was pretty bad! Also, Love the book your reading "I Am a Mother" I don't do much reading but couldn't put that one down. It was fablous!

The Stringham's said...

Sorry to say this but, it's good for him Deb! It will toughen him up, you know?! Just hope it doesn't scar his cute, little face!!!

Christin said...

Ouch that looks painful. With six brothers I know how boys can be. Good luck.

Christin

Shauri said...

Hey-- I can't find your phone number so I'm writing to see if you still want to do some pics this weekend and if so, when?

It looks like you just had pics from your header and they're cute! Just let me know though- I have the camera and i'm up for it if you want them.

Sonja said...

Arah he is such a cute boy. I love reading all about him and so sorry he got hurt! I know it's probably not the last time. I especially loved the soccer story about kicking his coach! I tell it to everyone!