Monday, August 18, 2008

I Didn't Even Cry :-)

Can I tell you how proud I was of myself? Oh yeah and Gavin too. Today was his first day of school and I didn't even cry. I know I'm a big baby, so I really prepared my self this year. This is Gavin's third year of preschool, so I think I must be getting use to it. He was very excited and even insisted on picking out his own outfit. He has never had an opinion on his clothes before, so I have no idea where that came from.

I love this school! When we went to meet the teacher day I was talking to a couple of his teachers about how impressed I've been with the school, because you can just tell how much everyone who works there loves their job and loves the kids. And one of the teachers started crying and said, "We do! We just love the kids!" It makes me rest easy to know that these are the kind of people I'm entrusting with my sweet boy.

10 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

Wow. Gavin has had a lot of firsts lately. So funny about him kicking the coach. I loved to watch Skyler play soccer at that age. I called it ball magnet, because it looked like all the kids were just clustered around the ball, but didn't really know what to do. Go Gavin!

Lisa said...

Impressive, no crying at all huh? Just you wait 'til next year!

Christin said...

I hear ya sista. I all but kicked my little darlings out the door on the first day of preschool. No tears on this end. Could it be that I'm dying for some "alone time?"

Christin

P.S. What am I going to do with myself in....oh.....five years?

Autumn said...

Way to go! I'm so proud you didn't shed any tears! I will be crying like a baby next monday when Jace goes to Kindergarten!

Melissa said...

Wow what a preschool! Sign me up. I did cry. Even a week before Sophia started school I was having anxiety attacks.

Jana said...

School started already? Holy cow! We don't start here until after Labor Day. And I am ready for it. I am a very cold mom and happily send them off. :)

Jana said...

Maybe he became decisive about his clothes after spending so much time with Lisa and Keely. Those 2 have some opinions.

Jamie said...

That school looks so darling. Where is it? I am glad you came to the party last night, it was a blast! See you this afternoon!

Updates From The Outback said...

That school make me want to teach preschool again. I'm real proud of you for not crying, Arah. When I read the title I thought it was going to be a quote from Gavin, but I should have know better.

The Stringham's said...

The teacher got choked up? Wow-that is SO AWESOME!!! What a great school! You chose well!!