Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is it really almost over?

I can't believe Gavin starts school on Monday and summer is almost over. How did it go by so quickly? This post is dedicated to some of the things we did this summer that I meant to blog about but never got around to. So readers beware this is a long one.

We have an awesome neighborhood with some great kids! One of Gavin's favorite things to do is just run wild with his friends outside playing water games. And it's fun for me too, because I can just sit and visit with the moms while we watch them go crazy.



Gavin loves bowling and he gave me a run for my money. Not that, that's saying much. Steve makes me use bumpers or it's just embarrassing.




We spent a lot of time at our neighborhood pool with friends and cousins. Gavin loves the water. He would swim all day every day if I'd let him




Gavin loved going to Boondocks with his daddy. They would play miniature Golf, ride paddle boats, play arcade games, and run around in the jungle gym. Gavin loves alone time with daddy.


I decided to buy passes to Thanksgiving Point this summer since we live so close. So we've spent a ton of time there. For some reason Gavin loves the Dinosaur Museum. No matter how many times we go he still has fun.



7 comments:

KerrieLeigh said...

You guys have had a really full summer! I am happy and sad at the same time for my kids to start school next week. The summer seems like it flew by so fast this year. I can say that now that I am not pregnant anymore. :-)

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great summer it so went by way to fast. Tyler and I will be home crying the day our kids go back to school. My baby is going to first grade.

Autumn said...

Looks like a great summer! It really flew by!! I can't believe all 3 of my kids will be in school in 3 days! :(

Melissa said...

Great summer. This summer really felt like a summer to me with Sophia starting school. In the past summer just kept on going.

Lisa said...

Just wait 'til he starts Kindergarten, you're going to be a mess!

Updates From The Outback said...

Now Lisa, that's not nice! Looks like you had a great summer. Next summer we get to enjoy it with you.

Updates From The Outback said...

Oh, I forgot to add that you got your bowling skill (or lack there of) from your mother.