Friday, April 4, 2008

He Finally Caved!!

Gavin and I have been begging Steve to let us get a puppy forever. Any who know Steve know he's NOT a dog lover. So for us to talk him into letting us get a puppy would be quite the feat. Well Gavin has been pretty convincing. Here are a few of the things he has said:

"I have enough love in my heart for you, mom and a puppy."

"Maybe if we take Dad to the pet store and he's sees all the cute puppies he'll want one too."

"We could get a puppy and keep it a Uncle Mike's house."

Well I guess Gavin was able to tug enough at his heart strings that he finally gave in. Gavin named his new puppy Ayven. I'm guessing in tribute to his cousin Ayden.

Poor Gavin! He's never going to get a real puppy:-(

11 comments:

Rochelle said...

Alright, I'm feelin a little ripped off for Gavin right now. I have some really good puppy arguments if you need some.
DONT GOVE UP GAVIN!

emandteem said...

I was getting really excited for you guys until I saw the picture. So sad. :)

Unknown said...

You can have my dog (just kidding). Dogs are so hard and you know it will be your dog because you are the one that is home. Not to shoot down Gavin's dream but I wish I had never gave in. If they would come as puppies all trained and everything.

Autumn said...

I was so excited for you and Gavin as I was reading...then I saw the picture. At least you made me laugh! That is too funny! I hope Steve will give in...puppies are so much fun! Make sure he doesn't read my posts on Emmy or you may never get one! :)

Lisa said...

before I saw the pic I was thinking, "no way!" Good to see the world still makes sense, mine was about to turn upside down!

sladefamilyaz said...

You tricked us! I started reading about the puppy and yelled to the family that Steve got y'all a puppy and they all stopped what they were doing and ran over to the computer to see. Then I scrolled down to find this plastic piece of crap fake puppy! What a disappointment.

KerrieLeigh said...

Forget a puppy, get a pet rat instead! We have a rat and it is the easiest thing ever.

Tanya said...

I think you should just buy a real dog, then "hide" it from Steve for as long as you can. Ha, ha!

Jana said...

I am not a dog lover either. I feel for Steve. Umm, hello. Dogs poop, then come inside and scoot their bums all over the carpet and then your kids lay on that carpet. BARF!! I like that robot dog much better. I am dreading the day I am going to have to have a pet.

Updates From The Outback said...

I don't know about that smile....I don't think he is really satisfied.

Unknown said...

That's a good one Debbie! As I was reading this, and hadn't scrolled down to see the picture yet, I thought... no way! You got me.

Aunt Lisa