Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Something To Remember Me By!

On Monday I had to go to the Doctor so I told Gavin I was taking him to hang out with Grandma while I was at the Doctor. He loves spending time with Grandma A. so I was surprised when he started to look a little upset. I asked him what was wrong and he just started to ask me questions like, How long will you be gone? Why are you going to the doctor? Are you sick? So given my last post I'm thinking there must be something on this boys mind. As we we're getting ready to leave he asks, "Can I take something to remember you by?" I was a little caught of guard by this question and asked what he would want to take. He pointed to a family picture of us on our end table and said, "Maybe this?" Now how could I say no to that? He held that picture in his lap and looked at it almost the whole 1 1/2 hr. drive. Oh my sweet boy!!

8 comments:

KerrieLeigh said...

I almost started to cry reading this. That is such a sweet story.

Unknown said...

aaahhh!

Autumn said...

He is so sweet! What a cutie! Hope everything went good at the Dr.!

Updates From The Outback said...

That's priceless. You might want to assure him that you are perfectly healthy.

Lisa said...

I love that little Gavin...so sentimental!

Laraine H. said...

What a nice boy....my kids would cheer if they could spend time without me at gmas? I hope they feel like they need to remember me even if they don't ask, but Gavin is obviously sincere.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. What a sweet story. He has a good example in you. Happy Happy Birthday!!!! So how old are you anyway???????????

Luv ya,

Your Favorite Aunt Lisa

Jana said...

That is so cute. Whenever I leave, Jackson and Noah are like, "SEE YA!!!" Gavin could teach them a thing or two. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Ellie's is the 17th. :)