Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Converstation

I know I've been doing a lot of posts lately about conversations I've had with Gavin, but this boy cracks me up and I want to document this stuff. First a little back ground - For a while now Gavin has been coming in our room early in the morning an crawling in bed to sleep with us. We've let this go for quite a while because he was usually coming in at about 5:00am so he was only sleeping with us for a couple hours. Plus we jump at any chance to cuddle him, since he hardly lets us anymore :-( But lately he's been coming in earlier and earlier, so we decided it was time to break him of the habit. We told him from now on if he comes in our room during the night he has to sleep in a bed on the floor. Last night after we put him to bed he came down stairs with a toy in his hands and this was our conversations:

Gavin: "Here mom, you keep this down here with you until you go to bed and then take it to your room with you."
Me : "ok"
Gavin: " Where are you going to put it."
Me: "I'll put it on my nightstand."
Gavin: "Ok, when I come in your room tonight make me a bed on the floor and then give it back to me so I can look at it while I sleep."

I just looked at him like what the heck are you talking about? And he said, "What mom, I can sleep with one eye closed and one eye open." Steve and I just cracked up laughing. The things this boy come up with!!

P.S. If anyone has input on getting him to stay in his room let me know.

10 comments:

Jana said...

Gavin is a little smarty pants!!! I love all the things he says. Good luck on the sleeping thing. I hate sharing my bed with kids. But when Jason is on call I let Jackson sleep with me. That is the ONLY time! :)

KerrieLeigh said...

We made our kids pay us a dollar every time they got in bed with us. That worked for a while, but then they just paying us in advance. It is such a hard one to break.

Unknown said...

I don't know what to tell you. Last night Summer came and sleep with us, she said she had a bad dream I couldn't turn her away after that. Summer sleeps with us about once a week.

Lauren said...

I love the funny things that they say. That is so cute! We have the same problem with Grace sleeping our room, too. We've just had to take her back. We did set up a little bed next to us, but she never gets into it. Sorry that I'm not much help. :)

Autumn said...

He is so cute! Jace went through a phase like this too....it only lasted about 6 months...everytime he came in to our bed I just got up and walked him back to his bed. I would have to lay there with him for a bit but after a few minutes he would be okay with me leaving. (we took lots of naps during the day for a while)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these cute stories. I just find myself laughing out loud! He is such a cute kid. No help on the sleeping issue, but if you find one that works let me know!!

sladefamilyaz said...

Don't ask me. Sibley still sleeps with us pretty much every night.

Lisa said...

A couple hours? Don't act like you don't sleep in 'til 10, I've stayed with you before!

He'll never stop until you MAKE him. I'm mean, huh? It's a good thing that kid is so cute!

Updates From The Outback said...

I already give too much advice from 9000 miles away. I'm staying out of this one.

Christina and Family said...

that kid is so cute! you could always reward him like saying if you sleep in your bed without waking me up once I'll buy you a new buzz toy or somehting idk just a suggestion