Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Things Kids Say

Gavin has a hilarious personality and is always cracking me up with the funny things he says. I just wanted to share a couple.

The other day he walked into the kitchen and asked me to make him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Keep in mind I have never been able to get him to eat a PB&J before. So I asked, " Since when do you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?" His reply, " I grew up mom. I'm four now." and gives me a look like, duh.

Today in testimony meeting a child got up and told us about how his family decided that instead of getting presents for Christmas they would give presents to needy families. Gavin asks very loudly "Why did they give all their toys away?" Steve bends over and whispers the explanation in his ear, and then asks him if he would ever want to do that. He says, "sure." I look over at him and can see his little mind working, and then he almost shouts. "But not my pirate ship! That pirate ship's for me!" The people around us are trying not to laugh as we assure him we wouldn't give his pirate ship away.

9 comments:

Autumn said...

He is such a sweet boy! I love how excited he is about being 4! That is so cute that he was willing to give away his toys...with the exception of his pirate ship! :)

Lisa said...

LOL! The fact that he is ready to give everything else away is still pretty impressive. Did he eat his PB&J??

Tanya said...

Good thing you are writing these down. Will be a good laugh later, as it is now.

Updates From The Outback said...

That's so hilarious! That's our grandson!

Grandpa Shumway says: we need boys like Gavin, because "it's better to give than to receive", and if their isn't someone out their to receive, (like me and Gavin)then others can't have the great joy of giving!

Jana said...

He is so cute. I asked Jackson about giving all his toys to kids in the hospital and he said he would, but mostly his older toys. I have to remind myself he is just little. :)

Melissa said...

I love the things our kids say. Gavin is so cute.

Julee said...

LOL! Gotta love what comes out of kids mouths. Always a crack up.

Unknown said...

How cute is that. I look forward to the day that Warner can actually talk and make sense. Kids just amaze me with their little minds and how they work. If we could only see life through a childs eye.

Unknown said...

Hey, This is Jenny Nielson (Purcell) I have been spying on your blog site. You still are so cute and have a cute family. It is fun to see how great you are doing.