Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Deceptively Delicious

I may have found an answer to my prayers. I recently bought Deceptively Delicious off Amazon. It's a recipe book designed to help your kids eat their fruits and veggies without knowing it. Any of you who know Gavin know what a picky eater he is. And veggies with him are next to impossible. So I tried my first recipe tonight, Mac & Cheese with butternut squash puree. He had no idea is was good for him and munched it down. Gavin's eating habits have been such a struggle for me. I hope the rest of the recipes we try will be a success. Tomorrow's menu is:

Breakfast
French toast
(with banana puree)

Lunch
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
(with sweet potato puree)

Dinner
Spaghetti Pie
(with broccoli and carrot puree)

Wish me luck!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard about this book it looks really neat. Last night I went to a recipe exchange and they had brownies with prune puree they were really good and low fat.

Lisa said...

Nice! I've heard about this...let me know if I should buy!

Unknown said...

I just barely bought it too at Costco. Haven't yet tried to make anything, but am so excited. Not just for Warner, but my husband. It's hard to get him to eat his veggies!

Sonja said...

Arah I just got this book too and was reading it this morning! I think the recipes sound great and I'm trying the applesauce muffins today...just for me! I'm thrilled to try the rest for Ty! Let me know how the french toast is. I thought that sounded good.

Autumn said...

You are such a good mommy! I think I need this book! Both of my boys are such picky eaters! Let me know if he figures it out! p.s. I just got back from vacation...I'll call you in the next couple of days about Karate! Gavin can come anytime!

sladefamilyaz said...

no wonder you're skinny and i'm fat!

Julee said...

i am going to have to invest in that book. Mine is already a nightmare eater and is only one. hope you coninue to have luck.