Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When The Cat's Away The Mice Will Play!!

The last few days Gavin's been filling me in on the things that went on while I was gone. Here's a couple conversations we've had.

Gavin- "Mommy, daddy loves it when you're gone!"
me- "Oh really, why?"
Gavin- "Because then he can spend all his time with me."
My question, is Steve telling him this or is Gavin drawing his own conclusion? Gavin actually had this same conversation with my neighbor Tami when I was gone. But his answer to her when she asked why was, "Because then he gets all my cuddles. He got ALL my cuddles this morning."

Gavin -"Mom, daddy let me taste his yucky drink and its really not that yucky!"
Me- "Oh, its not?"
Gavin- "No, it just taste like sprite."
Coke is off limits to Gavin. We always tell him it's daddy's yucky so he wont want it. Apparently that reasoning isn't going to work any more. Thanks babe!

Gavin- "All we ate while you were gone was pizza, mac & Cheese and treats."
Sounds about right...

We were talking about all these little tidbits last night at the dinner table and I was telling Steve how glad I was that Gavin tells me everything. I said to Gavin, "You tell your mom everything, right?" He says, "Yeah, well.... except what I watch at uncle Mikey's house." Hmmm.... apparently Uncle Mikey lets him watch a carton that's not allowed in our house.

This post isn't to bag on my husband. He and Gavin actually had a great weekend together and I love what great buddies they are. I'm just happy to know that he still tells his mommy EVERYTHING! I know that one day he probably wont :( But I'm going to do my best to make sure he does.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this, what a character that boy is! Oh, and you'd better ask Mike what he's watching. : )

KerrieLeigh said...

So funny! Sounds like typical father in charge results. :~)

Autumn said...

Sounds typical of Daddy daycare to me!! Love the Uncle Mike comment! So funny! Mike is so busted!!

Dale and Tabitha said...

Dales idea of feeding Lincoln is popcorn, chips, cereal, milk and some soup he drinks out of the container. Gotta love em'

Melissa said...

At my house mom gone = no rules. They always have a great time and I can still get everything out of Sophia.

Julee said...

Love it! I remember how excited we would get when mom left us with dad. We would go shopping and we got to get sugger cerial and lots of other treats we never got with mom.