Monday, November 10, 2008

3 Days In Heaven! Or Was It Cali??

My two girl friends and I went to Huntington Beach this weekend for a quick girls trip. It was such relaxing weekend! We did exactly what we wanted to do when we wanted to do it. We didn't have to worry about anyone but ourselves for 3 whole days. Its just so nice to be able to get away with good girl friends every once in a while.

Tabitha an I on our flight out. Sheri was already in California on a Disney vacation with her family, so she just met us in Huntington Beach.


Sheri, Tabitha and me on the pier


Lunch at Ruby's on the pier


Laying out on the beach in 80 degree weather.


Getting ready for the day at 11:00am. That's right I said 11:00am, it's our girls trip and will sleep in as late as we want ;-)


I was able to see one of my best friends Chelsie who lives in Newport. Its always so good to see her.

We just pigged out at The Cheesecake Factory


Breakfast at The Sugar Shack... Yummy!!


Shopping at Bella Terra. Aren't these glasses hot??


We got pedicures and manicures from the cool place that does really fun designs on your nails. Tabitha got circles, Sheri got pink plaid, and I got stripes.


Back to reality, soooooo sad!!

Going home was bitter sweet. We didn't want to leave sunny California, but we really missed our kids, oh yeah and our husbands too ;-)

Thanks to all those who made this weekend so awesomely stress free.
* all our husbands for so willingly taking care of the kids all weekend
* my super sweet friend Tami for watching Gavin while Steve was at work
* Tabitha for the buddy passes
* My incredibly generous sister in law Janet for letting us take over her house and drive her car. We got to see a little bit of her and her beautiful daughters on Friday before they left for the weekend, but I totally forgot to get pics :-(
* And last but definitely not least, Sheri and Tabitha. It was so great to share the weekend with such good friends!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

You look great! So jealous, looks like you had such a fun time.

Christin said...

Oh I'm so jealous. I haven't had a girls weekend in YEARS. Looks like you had a blast.

Christin

Dale and Tabitha said...

Reality is reality is here now.....So sad... I refuse to clean this house.

Autumn said...

SO SO jealous!!! It's so cold and dreary here! A week in Cali would definitely do me some good! Glad you had a good time!

Julee said...

Sooooooo jealous!!! Cant remember the last time I got to do somthing like that. Breast feeding takes away all opertunities like that.

KerrieLeigh said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!! I sent you an e-mail!

Melissa said...

Glad you got to get away and enjoy yourself. I don't even know if I could sleep in anymore even without kids. I can't wait to try it out sometime.

Lauren said...

How fun! I so want to come next time alright?

Spackman's said...

This looks like so much fun! I love ruby's it is so yummy :)