Sunday, October 26, 2008

Creepy Crawly Cooking Party

I got this idea from my friend Tanya. She has these parties every year for her kids and I thought it was a great idea. So this weekend we had our first ever Creepy Crawly Cooking Party. I think it was a big success. The kids seemed to have a great time and I had a lot of fun too. Tanya recommended that we keep the guest list to around 8 or 9, but Gavin and I got a little crazy with our guest list and invited 15 friends. All but one were able to attend so we had a full house. Luckily my awesome friend Tami agreed to help me. And my other friend Stephanie ended up staying a while to comfort her daughter who wasn't sure about all the boys and she was a huge help too. All in all I think we handled the big group pretty well.

The Invites


1st group shot - We had to get 2 because in one shot we were missing 2 friends in the next Gavin had disappeared. I have no idea where Gavin's hat came from.


2nd group shot


Scary, silly faces and some just plain cute kids


The results

The Menu

*Ghosts - Nutter Butters dipped in white chocolate with mini m&ms for the eyes and mouth (Thanks Tanya)
*Wormy Cupcakes - Frosted cupcakes with Oreo cookies crumbled on top and a gummy worm stuck inside
*Silly Bug Faces - Sugar cookie frosted with mini Oreo eyes, a gum drop nose, and cheese puffs antennas
*Eyeballs - Powdered donuts, Lifesavers, and red and green gel frosting (Thanks Charlyn)
*Spiders - Two Ritz crackers filled with peanut butter, pretzels for the legs and raisins for eyes

Thanks to Kyle for the pretzels, Matthew for Nutter Butters, Zack & Nathan for the Donuts, and Cadey & Evan for the Ritz crackers.


15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea....looks like it was a success and the kids LOVED it! What a good momma you are.

Jen said...

Fabulous party Arah! The kids loved it and the snacks/treats were DELICIOUS!! Thanks again!!

Updates From The Outback said...

Next time Gavin wants a creepy, crawly cooking party send him to us in Alice Springs. We have a few things he would REALLY enjoy cooking and eating.

Tanya said...

I wanted to text you Sat night and ask how the party went...but I didn't so I am glad you posted so quickly. Wow, you had a houseful, and it sounds like it was super fun for everyone! Gavin must think you are the coolest mom ever. I liked your menu, too. I am so craving a shortbread cookie now, just bc I have never tasted one I am just imagining.

Lisa said...

Fun! You're crazy for having that many kids though.

Unknown said...

You are a brave girl, it looks like they had tons of fun.

Dale and Tabitha said...

I am so sad Lincoln missed it. It looked so fun. I love that Lincoln and Gavin love to play together. They put the bing bag up to my coffee table and jumped off into the bag they were laughing so loud. It was so cute.

Rochelle said...

It looks like so much fun! I love parties!!!

Jana said...

That sounds like so much fun. And you are very brave to invite so many kids. Gavin probably thinks you are the coolest and funnest mom ever.

Autumn said...

Way to go mom!! I am a party girl! It's always so stressful but so much fun!! Love all of the things you made...and the invites were super cute!!

sladefamilyaz said...

This post makes me really hungry. I'm going to have to steal some of these ideas.

TamiRichins said...

Your the awesome one for hosting such a fun party. Glad I could be apart of it. Might steal a few recipes for kyle playgroup this week.

Julee said...

such a cute idea. Looks like they all had a lot of fun.

Spackman's said...

this was so much fun! My boys can't stop talking about how fun it was. Thanks for doing that. You are such a cute mom

The Stringham's said...

What a CUTE idea!!! You always do the coolest Deb! I hope I can be as creative a mom as you someday! :)