Saturday, July 26, 2008

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK...

was the sound that woke me up just before 8:00 this morning. All our neighbors know that the Atwood's would never be up before 9:30 on a Saturday. So I didn't know who could possible be at our door so early. When we finally came to and started to become coherent we could hear the sound of waters outside our bedroom window. Steve jumped up and ran to the door where our neighbors the Wanders were standing to tell us we had a problem. One of our sprinklers had broke and was spraying everywhere for who knows how long and had totally filled both our window wells with water. Steve shut off the water and ran downstairs to find 2 rooms and a hall way completely flooded. What a way to wake up!! So we've spent our day moving everything out of those rooms into the family room (see the pretty picture?), sump pumping water, wet vacuuming water up, and trying to dry everything out. Not the funnest way to spend a Saturday! Oh well, I guess it could have been worse.

10 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

That really sucks. I get tired just thinking about all y'all have to do now.

KerrieLeigh said...

Oh man that sucks! Good thing it was at least a Saturday when Steve was home to help take care of it.

Autumn said...

Holy cow! That is the worst thing ever! Stories like these make me thankful that we don't have a basement...that is the only time though... Call if you need any help!

Tanya said...

Oh no, all over your beautiful, soft brown carpet. I love that carpet. I hope everything dries out ok. That really stinks!

Lisa said...

I'm soooooo sorry! One more thing to do while Gavin is gone I guess. : (

Jana said...

That is horrible!!! And your basement was so clean and DRY! :)

Updates From The Outback said...

What a disaster! Whatever you do, make sure it is completely dried so that there is no mold. Did it damage the paint or funiture? I think home insurance may cover a broken pipe.

Rochelle said...

OHH I am so sorry! You are a champ for thinking things could be worse! I hopw all cleans up well!

Laraine H. said...

I feel for you, I've experienced a much similar situation here (On my Birthday a couple of years ago). NOT FUN. But your right-it could be worse.

Jamie said...

I wish you would have called us to help. We are pros at cleaning up unwanted water.