Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Perfect Day!

My surprises started yesterday with Steve getting up with me to work in the yard. He worked all morning and afternoon with me and we almost finished our side yard. This may not seem like a huge deal but for anyone who knows Steve knows he works hard all week and likes to play on Saturday. Later in the day he surprised me with a dozen roses and we went out for a night on the town.

Sunday morning he and Gavin sent me on a scavenger hunt around the house for my mothers day present which was a KitchenAid. I've wanted one of these forever! Good bye Annoying little mixer. He also made me yummy crepes with grapes, strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, bananas and whip cream. They were delicious!!

I also got to open Gavin's surprise. He had made me a cute little recipe holder that had a recipe for Love on it. I told him it was what I always wanted and he was so proud. I'm so lucky to be the mom a such a sweet and amazing child!

All weekend Steve had been trying to talk me into going to our neighbors ward whose church starts at 11:00am. You see Steve's a little bit of a Jazz fan and by little bit I mean HUGE and our church starts at 1:00pm and the game started at 1:30pm. So during breakfast Steve said, "You know what would make this a perfect day?" I said, knowing exactly what he was hinting at, "For us to go to church together as a family!" And Gavin said, "No, I think the whip cream makes this a perfect day!"

I had a wonderful day thanks to my two favorite boys! Steve even gave in and went to our ward and missed most of the game. Thank you both for the special day. I love you to pieces!!

Happy Mothers Day To My Moms!

I am really one of the luckiest girls in the world!! I was blessed with the best mom ever. It's been hard to have her so far away, but I couldn't be more proud of her and the lives she's touching. I have to remember not to be selfish and just be thankful that I got to have her so close for 29 years. And also remember it will only be one more. Thank you mom for always being there for me, even from miles away. I never understood a mothers love until I had one of my own. And I'm so thankful for a mom who taught me to be the best mother I can be. I hope I can live up to your example. I love you!

I hear women complain all the time about their horrible mother in laws, but I have never been able to relate. I was so lucky to marry into a family with such an amazing mom. Judy works so hard to take care of her family she hardly gets a second for herself. She is one of the most selfless people I know. I guess you have to be to raise eight children with such patients and love. I love you Judy and thank you for all you do. You are a wonderful grandma and the best mother in law a girl could ask for.

18 comments:

KerrieLeigh said...

Happy Mother's Day!! It sounds like an amazing day. I bet your boys are so proud of themselves.

Autumn said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are such a great mom to that cute little boy! ...I'm so jealous of your kitchen aid! I was secretly holding out for one of these!...maybe next year! :)

Rochelle said...

So jealous of the Kitchen Aid! Have fun with it. Im glad you had such a great day!

sladefamilyaz said...

the recipe for love was really cute. congrats on the kitchen aid!

Lisa said...

Way to go Steve! So did he fit in the Jazz game or what?

Unknown said...

I love my kicthen aid, I make home made bread with it. It is so much easier then makeing it by hand. I use mine all the time. You will love it. I love the recipe holder that Gavin made, so cute.

Jamie said...

What a great Mother's day! You do have a great family and your yard is looking good!

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that you had a great mother's day! And I totally agree with you on the whole in law issue! I lucked out, too!

Updates From The Outback said...

Tell Steve and Gavin how impressed we are. You are truly blessed. And we are too with a daughter like you. Thank you so much for your love and the way you live your life.

Christina and Family said...

Oh how sweet! thx for mentioning the wonderful babysitter! jk totally kidding! love you

Laraine H. said...

What a sweet couple of guys. Tell Steve Im totally impressed. WHO KNEW? The Jazz game and all!! Glad you had a great MOTHERS DAY.

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Also, thanks for always helping me with my little one and all our crap at church! Your the best!

Jana said...

That sounds like a WONDERFUL mothers day. And yummy crepes. They are my favorite!

Melissa said...

What a great mothers day. I'd have to agree with Gavin, whipping cream does make a perfect day.

Tanya said...

Yummers, those look dee-lish! Let's pick a day and meet for lunch - I still have your apple core-er and baking sheet. What day is good for you?

Unknown said...

So i see you are reading the Host. What do you think. I am only on page 70 i haven't been able to read much lately. I just can't seem to get into it. You will have to let me know if it gets better.

Arah Debra said...

Hey Jenny, It does get better, but I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. It's pretty out there, but I'm still sucked in. We'll see...

Autumn said...

Debbie..the Sisterhood book is actually my Mother in laws...but I'm sure she'll let you borrow it! I'll ask her and bring it to you this week when I bring your other books back that I borrowed!