Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home For a Couple of Days

I just got home from Michigan late Friday night or early Saturday morning depending on how you look at it. It's great to be home and sleep in my own bed again. We missed Steve like crazy, but are sad we had to leave the Quinn's. Gavin loved having a playmate from morning to night and even though I was just there to work I loved spending so much time with my sister. It wasn't all work though, we took a couple nights off to go out for some yummy dinners and even stayed caught up on So You Think You Can Dance. (LOVE it!) We also took the kids out for a little fun! And the Ellis's set up a fun water slide for the kids a couple of days and they loved it. Uncle Shawn even took them golfing. Gavin had a blast! The kids were so good the whole time. They entertained each other all day long while we worked. We really wish they didn't have to live so far away, but are very blessed with how often we are able to visit each other. We miss and love you guys.

Gavin won't be lonely for long though, his cousins Christina, Jared, and Analisa are coming to stay with us till Thursday. Then we're off the California with my sis Julee and her family for Disneyland and some fun in the sun.

7 comments:

Autumn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time even though Lisa worked you to death! Have fun at Disneyland...I'm so jealous! Hope your lesson went well yesterday!

KerrieLeigh said...

Sheesh! You have a busy summer. Sounds like you were able to fit in a little bit of fun with all of your work.

Lisa said...

Come back!

sladefamilyaz said...

I'm so glad you got to see your sister. It is very hard to live far away from our sisters, huh? We can relate.

Brett, Jenny, and Taylor... said...

I'm jealous of all your fun vacations!! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! I agree I am loving So you think you can dance as well. Talk to you later!

Updates From The Outback said...

We're so thankful that you kids are all so close. Glad you had a good time and we're excited about your trip to CA. We'll have to see if we can all do it together next year... (or Hawaii?)

Sonja said...

Looks like you worked hard and had a good time. Do you ever sit still Arah? You have such great life full of fun and family!