Sunday, June 15, 2008

Coming Up For Air

I've been gone from the blogging world for a while because I've barely had a second to breathe. I'm in Michigan with my sister Lisa who just bought a house. I came to help them move, paint, decorate, help with kids and what ever else her majesty needs. She has been working me from the time I wake up in the morning until I hit my pillow at night. So I've decided to come up for air for this very important day to pay tribute to my two favorite daddy's.

My poor husband is all alone for Fathers Day and very lonely. I know, soooo sad, but don't worry he's thrown him self a pretty big pity party :-) I've promised him I'll make it up to him by giving him a special day when I get back and he definitely deserves it. Gavin is one lucky boy to have a dad that love and adores him so much. Gavin always knows he can drag out his bed time a little longer if he says, "Oh I forgot I wanted to cuddle my dad!" Steve is always a sucker for that one. It's so cute to watch Gavin with his daddy and see how much he looks up to him. He wants to do everything just like him. Even the little things like getting a toothpick in his mouth after we eat dinner at a restaurant. Steve is so patient and loving and is a great example to Gavin of the kind of daddy he should be. We love you Steve and can't wait to see you. Only 6 more days!!

I have the BEST dad a girl could ask for. He has always been such a rock to our entire family. He's kind, honest, loving, caring, and has a hilarious sense of humor. I use to say that I wanted to marry someone like my dad and I'm pretty sure I struck gold. Steve and my dad are so alike they even have the same irritating habits like repeating the same phrase over and over and over.... I think you get the point. The good thing is his good qualities far out way the irritating ones. Luckily the same is true for Steve. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing father. He has been a great example to me and I'm very proud of him and my mom for lives that they are changing on their mission. I love you dad! Thanks for being you!!

9 comments:

Rochelle said...

How fun! I love decorating, painting and fun stuff, it'd be even better if I had a sister to do it with!
Your dad looks soo young!

Updates From The Outback said...

In my mind there is no question that Steve is a wonderful husband, father and son-in-law. It sounds like your dad is a pretty terrific guy, too. "He looks soo young!"

P.S. I'm not sure of who Rochelle is, but I think I really like her.

Updates From The Outback said...

I am so grateful that I married the man who became you father. and it means more to us than you'll ever know to see you so happily married with such a great husband and son. We am so thankful to have a daughter like you. You are a great example to us and other members of the family. I, like you, feel I am truly blessed.

I agree with you on the many similarities between Jim and Steve, and love how well they hit it off from the beginning.

P.S. In the unlikely case that there is any doubt, the other Update from the Outback is your dad's.

Updates From The Outback said...

Oh yah! I really need the pictures you have from our 60th. I love that picture and don't have it or any other from the occasion. Please send them. You can use Picasa2.

Unknown said...

I so agree your dad is so awesome. When I would be at your house I saw how your dad treated your mom and how he would tease her they seemed so in love it really left a huge impreesen on me. Tell them thanks for a great example.

Autumn said...

Happy Father's Day Steve and Jim! I have always thought of your dad as one of the perfect examples of husband and father! Thanks Jim...for always letting us hang out at your house and feel so welcome and for being such a great example to all of us impressionable girls!

KerrieLeigh said...

Your dad was always a huge example to me of what I thought a dad should be like. Since I grew up most of my childhood without one around, I always that he was so perfect! Don't let Lisa kill you! We missed you for our girls night out. We'll try it again.

Lauren said...

How fun that you get to be with Lisa! Have a lot of fun! :)

Melissa said...

Have fun in Michigan with Lisa, and Happy Fathers day Steve. I wish we all could get together sometime.