Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Birthday My Sweet Boy!

It feels like just yesterday that I was rockin' my New Years Eve at Timpanogas Hospital with a new born baby boy in my arms. Words can't explain the love I felt in my heart that night and it has only continued to grow. I can't believe Gavin turned 4 today. He's growing up way too fast! I don't know how we got so lucky to have Gavin in our lives. I can't fathom life with out him. It really feels like he's always been here. Gavin has the biggest heart I've ever seen. He is still willing to give me cuddles and kisses. He'll walk up the stairs, smiles at me and says "I love you mom!" Nothing makes me happier. I'm sure I'll cry when that stops. He cares so much about other people. There's nothing he loves more than to be surrounded by family. And he always misses them like crazy when they leave. I have a ritual of going in his room after he's fallen asleep at night and giving him a kiss on his warm rosy cheeks. I've stood in his room many nights thanking God for sending us such a precious spirit. I feel so blessed and hope I can be the mother he deserves. We love you so much Gavin and are very proud of what a good, big boy you are!

7 comments:

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Gavin!!! It seems so weird to have 4 year olds? He is so adorable. And it looks like he has had the time of his life with Keely.

Tanya said...

Gavin is so cute! And he really does seem like such a sweet and caring guy. I don't hink I've seen him grouchy ever.

Autumn said...

This brought tears to my eyes! Happy Birthday Gavin! So good to see you guys today!

Updates From The Outback said...

Now you know how we have always felt about you and your brother and sisters. Gavin is so blessed to have the parents he has. You should show him the blog and read it to him. Love Mom

Ditto! Love Dad

Sonja said...

This made me cry too! What a beautiful description of the love you have for that sweet boy! I'd love to meet him in person sometime soon! And you are the mom he deserves. You're amazing and it sounds like he's just like you :)

sladefamilyaz said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! You looked like you were pretty tough when you were going through the spanking machine! Did you spank your daddy on his birthday? It's never too late.

Julee said...

Sad! Yes I AM CRYING! I never want my baby to grow up.