Sunday, December 9, 2007

Once There Was A Snowman



It snowed on Saturday and Gavin was so excited to build a snowman. Gavin and his daddy bundled up first thing in the morning and got started. It hadn't snowed much yet so they had to work pretty hard to gather all the snow. They had to improvise on his eyes, nose and mouth. They used grapefruit for the eyes, a potato for his nose, and kisses for his mouth. He never did get any arms. But Gavin was really proud of his snowman. I had been gone all day, so I was really excited to come home and see their masterpiece. But when I got home it was devastating, the poor snowman had died. I think it just snowed so much that he could stand the extra weight and just gave up. Gavin said that he's just sleeping. I guess he's a glass half full kind of kid. We promised we would fix him Monday. But I'm kind of hoping he doesn't remember, Brrrr!


  • P.S. I have to tell a totally unrelated, embarrassing story. Yesterday at church of all places I walked into the Men's bathroom. I don't know what happened. I guess I was just off in my own little world for a minute. There were 2 teenage boys and 2 little boys inside. It took me a minute to even realize what I'd done. And by the time I walked out of the Men's bathroom the teenagers were laughing uncontrollably. Needless to say I was bright red. But i'm sure they were nice enough to keep it to them selves, right?

9 comments:

Tanya said...

Doubt it! That is such a funny story.

sladefamilyaz said...

that is so funny about the bathroom! thank you for sharing.
the snowman pictures are great. it is snowing in flagstaff. they are getting a foot today and tonight. bryant wants to go up and teach skyler how to snowboard. maybe in a few years bryant, steve, and josh can take the kids snowboarding and the ladies can go shopping!

Lisa said...

Maybe this is a good time to teach Gavin about heaven...um, Gavin your snowman is dead! I can have a talk with him if you want! : )

Oh, and don't feel bad, I've done the men's bathroom thing several times.

Unknown said...

Looks like Gavin and Steve had a great time. What a good dad!! Those are such cute pictures.

Julee said...

Cute Pics! Me and Zeb are going to go out with ayden tonight I cant waite. and Gavin forget! yea right!!!!

EFN Newsletter said...

Nothing cracks me up more than a good walking in the men's room story. I did that at Outback one time, but no one was in there. So I use the bathroom and on my way out a guy comes walking in. We both look at each other and then, in unison, look at the door. It was horrible. But so so funny.

Melissa said...

Tell Gavin and Steve they did a wonderful job on their snowman. That is so funny about the mens room.

Anonymous said...

lol if you've ever met any teenage boy you already knpow theres no way they kept it to themselves!!

Jana said...

I did that a couple of weeks ago, but it was on purpose. :) Long story. And sort of sick. Those men are messy!!