Friday, October 19, 2007

What Were We Thinking????




As most of you know we are finishing our basement. It has turned into a love-hate relationship. We have tried to do most of it our selves. And when I say we I mean Steve. He has worked so hard and done an amazing job. And Gavin has been such a trooper. He's been so patient with us. But lately I'm just ready to wash my hands of it and hire the rest out. Our latest tasks have been finish work and painting and I thought no big deal, right? Wrong, I say again, what were we thinking? If I never have to spackle, caulk, sand, or tape again, it will be too soon. And Painting, YUCK! We have a deadline of the 22nd of OCTOBER (yes 2 days away). To be finished painting and ready for carpet! I hope we make it! Wish us luck!!! And yes I see the irony of my shirt.

7 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

Good Luck! I know how you feel. We remodeled our last house ourselves and to say it is hard work would be a huge understatement. I wish we were there to help y'all and we could have a painting party! Hang in there, though. YOU CAN DO IT!

Melissa said...

Josh says, "are you finishing a basement or cooking meth? Because in Bakersfield when people are wearing masks indoors it's usually a meth lab." It looks good. When can we move in? We need to start doing some home improvements ourselves.

Lisa said...

That pic of you is HOT! : )
Thannk for all your hardwork, we'll definitely appreciate it when we get there.

Autumn said...

This looks like so much fun! LOL! Great job though...looks like you're almost done!

EFN Newsletter said...

The closest we've ever gotten to a home improvement was when we moved out of our rental. Abram was supposed to paint the nursery back to white (my mom painted it for us when we first moved in). He got about halfway through, called our landlord and asked how much it would cost us to leave it half painted.

EFN Newsletter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tanya said...

Um..from Lisa's comment...are you doing this just for her? And when you are done there, can we hire you to finish our couple of rooms downstairs?