Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gavin's 1st Day of School



Gavin was so excited to go back to school and I was too, of course. I mean two free hours three days a week! But the day of, I started getting a little anxiety for some reason. And on the way to school Gavin said "Mommy are they going to like me?" and that just about broke my heart. I hate that he has already started worrying about things like that. Anyway, when he went into his classroom and saw his teacher and the other students he was so excited he could barely hold still for the picture. I was just so proud of him. He seemed so grown up to me. I don't know what came over me, but I walked out of there bawling like a baby. Where did that come from? You can never truly understand the phrase "they grow up too fast" until you're a parent. They grow up WAY too fast!!

6 comments:

The Stringham's said...

Oh Deb, that is so sweet...it totally brought tears to my eyes! Gavin is too cute-of course they're gonna LOVE him! I would be right there w/ you bawling like a baby-knowing that "my baby" is growing up! How scarey it's going to be!!

Linda Winegar said...

Cute! I'm glad you have a blog, now we can see what's going on with you over there in Lehi. :) Miss you! Linda

emandteem said...

Debbie,
Yeah! you did it...welcome to the world of bloggers. I totally empathize with the preschool thing...it's tough.

Updates From The Outback said...

I am so glad you've set this up. It's a great story and pictures. Be sure to send this to your grandma.

Lisa said...

"Will they like me?" Questions like that totally tug at your heart. It makes you just want to wrap your arms around them and never let go!

TamiRichins said...

what a cute blog, you did a great job. I love your family picture, and of course of Gavin with is school bag. I already have preschool anxiety and I still have a year, but I more worried about what Kyle is going to do.