Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Girls Trip

The plan was to go to sunny California, lay out at the pool/beach and read all day. I guess it wasn't in the cards because the sun came out for probably an hour the whole time we were there. But we didn't let the lack of sun stop us from having a good time. We decided to go to Disneyland. That right, four grown women, no kids, perfect amusement park weather, and tons of fun. It was seriously the best time ever. We were all giddy and excited like little kids. We got to go on all the rides we wanted. We didn't have to worry about whinny kids, crying (except for Tabitha on the Tower of Terror), or potty breaks (except when it was time for Tabitha to pump). Ok, I guess I might have needed a few potty breaks too and I guess I might have cried just a little on the Tower of Terror.

We had a blast! I love these girls!! We pigged out, had girl talk and lots of belly laughs. The best part of the trip was we did what we wanted to do when we wanted to do it. We didn't have any kids or husbands to answer to. It was sweet!

At the airport waiting for our free flight. Thanks Tab!

Disneyland


And when I say pigged out, I mean PIGGED OUT! I don't think I've ever eaten so much before in my life.


Our one visit to the beach. It was so cold and windy! We walked out on the pier snapped a picture and went back to the car.

The view from our hotel room. Thank you Amy for finding us such a sweet deal!
Thanks girls for such an awesome time. Can't wait for the next trip! And thanks to Steve and my parents for taking such good care of my boy while I was gone.

10 comments:

Danelle said...

ooooh, that looks like fun. How refreshing. Lucky!

amy16 said...

Thanks for coming. It was great to get to know you. I would like to say I have never eaten that much, but I would be lying. If you want to stay skinny, don't travel with me and Tabby. Eating, that's our deal.

I'll never forget the fit on the rocket. Still, make me laugh.

Rochelle said...

Looks like a blast!

KerrieLeigh said...

Looks like so much fun! Hawaii and California within weeks? Jealous!!

Unknown said...

Ya I was thinking the same thing as
KL.

Christin said...

You are so lucky to have such great friends. I wish I had friends to do fun stuff with. Boo hoo.

Christin

sladefamilyaz said...

I love girls trips! Glad you got to go and have fun.

Updates From The Outback said...

What a good time! I'm glad you had a good time.

Jana said...

Rough life you have. :)

Melissa said...

So jealous. Sometimes I think I'll never have childless vacation.