Thursday, February 12, 2009

You don't realize how easy you got it until...

you don't got it so easy any more.

My real life-Wife and stay at home mother of one.

My life for a week-Single mother of 3 with a high maintenance puppy on the side

My sister Lisa and her husband asked me to go to Michigan and watch their kids for a week while they went to sunny Florida. In that week I became thankful for many things and here are just a few:

*A child who doesn't wake up before the sun. I am not and never will be a morning person.

*A husband who comes home from work at night and plays with our son. Even though Gavin, Keely and Ben are really good kids, having a break at the end of my day would have made a huge difference.

*A husband to hang out with and talk to at night. You don't realize how badly you need adult interaction until your not getting it.

*A warm body in my bed. Even though I'm not much for cuddling it's nice to know he's there.

*Utah weather. That's right you heard me, I said Utah weather. You think it's cold here? Try going to Michigan where the weather forecast says 20 degrees, but feels like 7. The humidity makes it so much colder. Just thinking about it makes me cold, brrrrr!!!

And last but not least...

*Time alone with my amazing niece and nephew. I know it may sound like I was complaining, but all in all I actually really enjoyed the time I had with them. Ben is such a cute, chunky, cuddly, little boy, but in the past had been very withholding of those cuddles. It was great to be the only person he had, so he was forced to love me. I got more cuddles, hugs and kisses from that boy in one week that I have in his whole life time (he's 2 next month). I also loved spending time with Keely. Even doing the simple things like homework was enjoyable. It's so fun to see her learning and growing. She is such a smart, beautiful girl and I'm lucky to be a part of her world.

10 comments:

Karli said...

First of all... I LOVE your blog background. Too cute! Second... how nice are you to travel to a very cold place in the middle of winter to watch someone elses kids and pet? So nice! And Gavin is getting so big and handsome!

Lisa said...

Um, Mattie totally took offense to you calling her "high maintenance." : )

Danelle said...

Wow, this has probably been pointed out before, but I just realized how much Keely and Gavin look like each other. They were so MEANT to be in the same family. I love how you and Lisa get to and are willing to help each other out so much.

Dale and Tabitha said...

All I have to say is I don't like you gone for that long either. Poor Steve. I heard he was bored. Lincoln missed his buddy Gavin too. Your such a nice sister for doing that for her. She is nice to for coming out here when you got your tonsils out.

Julee said...

That pic is so cute? When are you going to come and take care of my kids for a week so I can get a break? I see who you love best. JK you are a great sister thanks for all you have done for me.

Updates From The Outback said...

All they are very lucky to be a part of your world!

Rochelle said...

I think it's neat to see you and your sister take such good care of eachother.

Jana said...

You know why that dog is so high maintenance? Because Lisa boils her chicken breast and then shreds it for her. :) And I think you are a great sister to go take care of more kids. If you ever need to feel really grateful, you can come stay with my kids for a week. That would do wonders for your marriage. :)

Autumn said...

Good thing that "high maintence dog" is so dang cute! :)
Glad you survived! ...and had a good time while you were at it! You're such a good Auntie!

emandteem said...

What a great sister you are to Lisa! I'm with you on the weather thing...Utah is way nicer compared to michigan winters.