Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Such a great feeling!

You know that feeling you get when your child does something that really makes you proud? Like when they make a right choice, do something nice or caring? Well today was NOT one of those days. When I picked Gavin up for school he starts telling me all about these children in Guatemala who don't have any shoes or socks, who don't even have carpet in there schools and they have to sit on dirt. Sad right? Gavin's school is doing some sort of fund raiser for some kids in Guatemala. Gavin goes on to tell me this:

Gavin- "My teacher asked us if we had a dollar would we want to put it in a jar for the kids in Guatemala or buy a brownie. I told her I would buy the brownie."

Me- *with a look of shock* "Oh really, why did you chose the brownie?"

Gavin- *with a look of duh* "Because brownies are yummy!"

Oh yeah, and it gets better. He also told me that he was the only kid in his class that choose the brownie. And let me tell you, the pride was overflowing!! I think it's time for some service projects in the Atwood home.

9 comments:

Karli said...

Oh this is too funny. Gavin sounds hilarious. A lot like my second child who doesn't care what 'the right' thing to say is but tell you like it is. Everytime!

Rochelle said...

I love how honest he is. Why bother telling her what she wants to hear, he just thinking brownies!

Lisa said...

I'm dying laughing right now, that is hilarious!

Christin said...

My kids would buy the brownie every time too but that's because they are more deprived than the kids in Guatemala.

Christin

Jana said...

That was too hilarious. I am totally lol!! I think I might choose the brownie too. So don't be too harsh with him.

Updates From The Outback said...

Lots of us choose the brownie. We just don't like to think of it that way or aren't honest enough to admit it. I think it would be great to give him a chance to earn some money to donate. Why don't you go on line and find some pictures of the kids that will bring it home to him?

Julee said...

I am leaughing so hard right now. I can totally see Gavins face when you asked him why he chose the brownie. Shish Arah dont you know that brownies are yummy?

Autumn said...

I'm guessing he was the only honest one in the bunch! What 5 yr old wouldn't choose the dang brownie?! He cracks me up!

TamiRichins said...

So so so so funny! Love all the things Gavin says. He's so totally honest, gotta love that! I think a service project is a great idea. That might do some good in our home too!